We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 22 November 2020, 23:00pm
Interview date: Tuesday 1 December 2020 (Interviews will take place via Video Conference)
We’re looking to recruit experienced Scheduler to be a part of our DLO Direct services team. You’ll manage the repairs raised and administer any scheduling changes to the diary, identifying training needs within the Property Administration team.
We’re ideally looking for someone who’s immediately available or currently has a short notice period.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for overseeing the maintenance scheduling diary and will be working with the Property Administration and Customer Services Team to ensure all jobs are diagnosed and scheduled correctly.
You’ll be the first point of contact for scheduling enquiries, and will need to liaise with both internal and external customers to solve problems using standard procedures in a timely efficient and effective manner.
- Experience of scheduling work in a maintenance environment and can demonstrate.
- Experience of delivering a front line, customer focussed service
- Experience of working in a housing management or maintenance environment.
- Experience of working on an inner city, multi-cultural environment and working closely with tenants
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with staff, managers, and external agencies and other Associations both verbally and in writing
- A good understanding of office practice and procedures and application of Information Technology
- Able to plan and prioritise to ensure the effective use of own time and that of other staff, and the delivery of work plans to timetable, often under pressure
- Able to form and maintain good working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to show an understanding of, and commitment to, high standards in: resident involvement, equal opportunities and customer care.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.