Closing date for applications: Sunday 6th December 2020 at midnight
Location: Sittingbourne or Croydon.
What you’ll be doing
Optivo have an exciting new role to join us on a permanent basis as a Treasury Analyst. We are looking for a junior member to join our specialist treasury team, to help us deliver a robust, flexible and sophisticated treasury service.
Optivo has a diverse borrowing portfolio so you’ll gain broad experience of maintaining lots of instruments. You’ll be fully supported by an experienced team to get involved in projects and encouraged to learn and grow your skills through internal and external training and networking. The wider team includes property charging and financial planning and you will be able to work closely with both teams.
- Maintain our treasury management system for (a) £2bn+ borrowing portfolio, including bank loans, private placements and public bonds (b) £0.5bn+ interest rate derivatives portfolio, with clear audit trail
- Ensure cash availability for meeting obligations as they fall due, liaising daily with Cashbook team and regularly with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Examine forecast liquidity needs and escalate as appropriate.
- Implement daily decisions for placement of £50-£100m cash balances, draw down / repayment of external bank loans, intra-group loan advances and all interest payments for debt and derivatives.
- Help prepare weekly interest rate derivatives mark-to-market calculations and liaise with Property Charging team to ensure asset cover remains sufficient across the treasury portfolio.
- Prepare monthly interest cost forecasts, treasury accruals calculations and debt reconciliations and monitor the group’s financial performance against banking covenants
- Provide reporting for internal and external audiences on treasury positions, in particular liaising with Financial Planning & Analysis, Cashbook and Finance teams – both as a supplier of information to other teams and also as their client. Support preparing financial returns to our regulator
- Monitor Treasury email inbox, maintain Treasury task list, comprehensive procedure notes, clear and auditable transaction records and neat financial models
- Support a wide range of financial analytical tasks as they arise, including treasury scenario analysis using Excel
- Support treasury team administrative activities, including billing, contract management, signing and sealing of documents and correspondence.
- Other support activities in the treasury team as they arise
What you’ll need
- Educated to degree level is desirable or equivalent
- Education or employment experience in treasury or finance, ideally in a Housing Association.
- Relevant professional qualification, or willing to work towards one, such as AMCT
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.