Job Title: Data Protection Officer (Sittingbourne)
Type of Contract: Permanent
End Date: N/A
Starting Salary £30,767
Do you like a challenge? Would you like to be a key member of our fast-paced Governance team at the heart of the business?
You’ll report to the Head of Data Protection and support us in providing an excellent data protection service to the business to meet our regulatory obligations.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with data protection issues
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation
- Working knowledge of Subject Access Requests
- Be highly organised
- Have brilliant people skills including being able to communicate complex legislation in an accessible and engaging way
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be solution focused
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight legislative deadlines
- Have excellent attention to detail – this is a ‘must’.
The role may require some occasional travel between sites. Travel expenses will be covered.
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.