Project Manager – Midlands Independent Living
Location: West Midlands (based at our Kings Heath office)
Contract: Fixed Term for 12 months from January 2020
Contract Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours per week.
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Project Manager – Midlands Independent Living
Type of Contract: 12 month FTC (Fixed Term Contract)
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
We’re looking for someone to lead and develop new approaches to lettings and improvements across our 21 West Midlands sheltered schemes. Many of these have become hard-to-let. We have a plan, and we need someone to spearhead it. So you’ll be:
- A brilliant project manager who can organise themselves and others
- A great communicator who loves working with residents, colleagues and stakeholders
- Energetic and creative
Successful candidates will have what it takes to take on this high-profile role and drive a complex project. Working within the Independent Living team, you’ll work closely with our housing management; Lettings; Property Services; Development and Communications teams, and external partners such as Birmingham City Council and other Local Authorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a fascinating and challenging initiative that will really make a difference for our residents.
The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, IT and financially literate and able to work as part of our close-knit and supportive Midlands team.
- A strong track record in project management, overseeing key performance management measures, and the management of risk and associated issues
- In depth knowledge and skill in developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Proven experience of delivering projects to the desired outcomes and within quality, time and cost limits
- Excellent team-player, highly skilled in negotiation and influencing techniques and ability to work collaboratively with staff of all disciplines, and engaging with all stakeholders.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to demonstrate sound business and commercial acumen.
- Ability to proactively manage competing priorities, and think creatively in resolving programming and project delivery issues / problems.
- Ability to prepare assessments and mitigate risks
- Ability to communicate effectively – orally, graphically and in writing, with good IT skills and base knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Hold a full driving license with access to own vehicle (Essential)
What’s in it for you?
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave – You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave – There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
- Free Flu Vaccination – You’ll have the opportunity to receive a flu jab in those wintery months.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.