We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Scheme Manager (Part-time)
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday- 8am to 13.00, Wednesday- 8am to 13.30 (25.5 hours a week)
Salary: £26,981 pro rata
Location: Sheerness, Kent (Travelling between sites in Sheerness will be required throughout the week)
There may be times when you will be expected to cover any of our 7 Sheltered Schemes within Kent’s Swale Borough with the same start time of 8am.
To provide an effective housing management and support service to older residents within defined policies and procedures and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Experience of working in supported housing / housing related support environment is desired
- Knowledge of care & support services, including relevant legislation and good practice
- Housing Management, Income, Lettings, Property Services.
Contact centre, Technology and CRM Teams.
Customer Experience Team (Complaints).
Resident involvement and community development teams.
Local Authorities, Police, Social Services and other statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Can prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Able to work productively with other departments
- A ‘can do’, proactive approach to problem solving
- Willing to learn and continue in personal development by attending conferences, seminars, webinars and training
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, displaying good interpersonal skills in multiple modes (phone, face-to-face, emails and in writing) using customer friendly language
- Able to develop partnership working with other agencies to generate effective solutions to problems
- Ability to manage time & tasks effectively, work well under pressure both individually and in a team to deadlines, delegating
Most training will take place locally, on the rare occasion you may have to travel to our main office in Croydon. Your travel costs will be reimbursed from your base of work.
You will also be expected to attend six weekly Team meetings most of which take place at our Watchoak office in Battle, Sussex.
At times, both with training and team meetings, you may find you have gone over your 5hrs for that day, e.g. start at 8am and return to base at 3pm. Any extra hours incurred over that time will be given back to you through Time in lei (Toil) and Not overtime.
Hold a full driving licence with access to own vehicle (Essential)
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.