At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Lettings Manager
Type of Contract: 18 month FTC (Fixed Term Contract)
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
The Lettings Team are looking for someone who:
Enjoys a challenge
Loves to be busy
Delivers brilliant customer service
Has loads of energy
Successful candidates will have what it takes to meet and exceed challenging targets. You’ll be working closely with the Housing Management, Property Services, Contractors and Local Authority partners.
Our aims are to reduce our void turn around, deliver fantastic customer service and provide quality homes- would you like to be a part of that?
The successful applicant will be a good communicator, IT literate and able to work as part of a close-knit team.
Experience of lettings and managing people is preferable and it is important to be organised in all administrative duties as well as great with people.
Knowledge - Desired
- Proven experience within a social housing environment, in a capacity which involved leading teams, as well as service improvement
- Proven experience of staff management covering all aspects of line management
- Experience of working in partnership to generate joined up solutions to problems · Working with a team
- Good understanding of equality and diversity
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work productively with other departments and external bodies
- A ‘can do’, proactive approach to problem solving
- Always willing to learn and continue in personal development by attending conferences, seminars, webinars and training
- Hold a full driving licence with access to own vehicle (Essential)
What’s in it for you?
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave – You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave – There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
- Free Flu Vaccination – You’ll have the opportunity to receive a flu jab in those wintery months.
Please find the attached JD
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.